Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- Personnel and Qualifications
- Types of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Director Responsibilities
- Director Qualifications
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Supervisor Qualifications
- Technologist Responsibilities
- Technologist Qualifications
- Technician Responsibilities
- Technician Qualifications
- Summary of Qualifications
- Public Health Laboratory Scientists
- Approved National Certifying Agencies
- Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of a clinical laboratory director?
- Which of the following is NOT a responsibility of a clinical laboratory supervisor?
- Categories for Specialties
- Description of Specialties (1)
- Description of Specialties (2)
- Description of Specialties (3)
- Description of Specialties (4)
- Clinical laboratory personnel who are licensed in the specialties of immunohematology, clinical chemistry, hematology, and serology / immunology may p...
- Specialists in histology, blood banking, and histocompatibility may perform all tests associated with immunohematology, clinical chemistry, hematology...
- Licensing Process
- Applying for a new license
- Renewing a license
- Renewal of Clinical Laboratory Personnel License
- Inactive Status
- Current Address
- Delinquent License
- How often must clinical laboratory personnel licenses be renewed?
- If you move out of state, you do not need to notify the Board.
- Continuing Education
- Violations and Disciplinary Action
Author information: Brenda Van Der Heyden, MT(ASCP) is a former Compliance Officer and Lab Administrative Director and is licensed in Florida as a supervisor. She is currently a consultant for compliance issues and physician office lab operations. Brenda graduated with a BSMT degree. She is the past president of the Florida Society of Clinical Laboratory Scientists and past co-chair of the Florida Coalition of Professional Laboratory Organizations. She is currently serving as the Vice-Chair for the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel for the State of Florida.
Reviewer information: MarySchaller, MLS (ASCP) is a technologist at Gulfcoast Medical Center in Fort Myers, Florida. In her 40 years as a laboratory scientist, Marcy has also been a student instructor, an LIS coordinator, and a laboratory manager.