Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- Laws and Rules of the Florida Board
- Your Role
- The Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- The major pieces of legislation that govern clinical laboratory personnel in Florida are:
- Personnel and Qualifications
- Types of Clinical Laboratory Personnel
- Categories for Specialties
- Description of Specialties (1)
- Description of Specialties (2)
- Description of Specialties (3)
- Description of Specialties (4)
- Clinical laboratory personnel who are licensed in the specialties of immunohematology, clinical chemistry, hematology, and serology / immunology may p...
- Specialists in histology, blood banking, and histocompatibility may perform all tests associated with immunohematology, clinical chemistry, hematology...
- Licensing Process
- Applying for a new license
- Applying for a New License
- Renewing a license
- Continuing Education
- Violations and Disciplinary Action
Author information: Brenda Van Der Heyden, MT(ASCP) is a former Compliance Officer and Lab Administrative Director and is licensed in Florida as a supervisor. She is currently a consultant for compliance issues and physician office lab operations. Brenda graduated with a BSMT degree. She is the past president of the Florida Society of Clinical Laboratory Scientists and past co-chair of the Florida Coalition of Professional Laboratory Organizations. She is currently serving as the Vice-Chair for the Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel for the State of Florida.
Reviewer information: MarySchaller, MLS (ASCP) is a technologist at Gulfcoast Medical Center in Fort Myers, Florida. In her 40 years as a laboratory scientist, Marcy has also been a student instructor, an LIS coordinator, and a laboratory manager.