A code of conduct is defined as "a written set of guidelines issued by an organization to its workers and management to help them conduct their actions in accordance with its primary values and ethical standards."4 A code of conduct in a healthcare facility focuses on patient welfare and safety. Workers and management are expected to follow the guidelines that are written in the code of conduct for their facility. These expectations can be met if you:
- Follow the policies and procedures that apply to your job.
- Maintain professional competence.
- Develop effective lines of communication with colleagues and with patients (if applicable).
- Respond promptly to occurrences and document corrective actions.
- Exhibit behaviors reflecting professional integrity.
4. "The Code of Ethics."Miyahuna.com, 2021, https://miyahuna.com.jo/en/page/The-code-of-Ethics-38. Accessed July 05, 2021.