The next step in the process is to create a robust QCP. The statistical QC program for ammonia testing is adequate and includes:
- Testing two levels of control materials every 24 hours of patient testing
- Multirule approach to statistical QC
- Peer review program for ammonia testing
- Participation in a proficiency testing program with all testing personnel participating on a rotating basis
- Calibration or calibration verification every six months
- Required corrective actions for QC failure
QC information from the instrument manufacturer indicates that electronic system checks are in place to ensure proper functioning of the measuring system.