Dragon Medical One is able to create text via speech recognition in any application that you can type in. In many applications, the text is written directly into your application. In others, the text is written into the Dragon Medical One Dictation Box and then transferred to the target application such as the LIS.
The most basic form of a template field is denoted by open and closed square brackets ( [ ] ). This indicates a special area of the document where the “Next Field” function (such as F1) moves the edit cursor to the square brackets. Depending on the type of template field, the user can start typing or initiate another action.
How to Create and Edit an Auto Text:
- Say “Open Dictation Box” or click “Open Dictation Box” from the Dragon Bar Menu.
- Type, dictate, or copy and paste from another document the grouping of words, sentences, or paragraphs you want to create as an auto text within the note or dictation box, including the use of square brackets for variables (see image, top right).
- Make any adjustments you need to arrange the format of the words / paragraphs.
- When done, say "Select All" or left click and highlight the entire group of words.
- Say "Make that an auto text."
- In the name field, type or say the name of the auto text, e.g., “Create an autotext”
- Type in a description to help you identify this auto text, e.g., “…gross description”
- Go to the spoken form field* and state the name you want to call the auto text
- Click "Apply All," then "Close" (see image, bottom right)
*NOTE: What you say in the spoken form field is what Dragon uses to recognize this as an auto text.
How to Edit an Existing Auto Text:
- Say “Manage Auto Text” and the right-hand window opens.
- Select the auto text you want to edit.
- Make the desired changes and edits to the auto text in the right-hand window.
- When done, click "Apply All" and then "Close."