To summarize the section on Emotional Intelligence:
- Emotional Intelligence consists of four concepts: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management.
- Self-awareness is about taking the time to sit with your emotions, label them, and understand what they mean.
- Self-management is understanding how your emotions are impacting your behavior and how you are presenting yourself to others.
- Social awareness is the recognition of the emotions, behavior, perspectives, and needs of others. Empathy is at the core of social awareness.
- Relationship Management is a culmination of self-awareness, self-management, and social awareness, and consists of six competencies for how we manage our relationships with others.