Symptoms occur usually within 30 minutes to 3 hours after eating several different species of mushrooms such as Amanita muscaria, A. pantherina, and A. gemata. The patient displays apparent intoxication such as incoordination and euphoria. Nausea and vomiting are also quite common. Other manifestations include hyperactivity, muscle spasms, anxiety, and visions. Drowsiness is also a frequent symptom. The patient may fall asleep and is unable to be aroused. This coma like state may possibly last 24 hours or more. There have been no reported direct deaths from this toxin, but it is considered potentially deadly. One person, while on a camping trip, froze to death while in a Muscimol/Ibotenic Acid coma.