The Florida statutes require renewal of laboratory personnel licenses every two years. Currently the licensure cycle runs from September 1 of even-numbered years to August 31 of the next even-numbered year. For example: September 1, 2016 to August 31, 2018. All licenses expire at the same time. If you obtain a license in the middle of the cycle, your license will expire on August 31 of the next even-numbered year.
Active to Active Fees Effective for 2018 renewal
(Not applicable to public health license renewal)
- Director: $130 + $5.00*
- Supervisor: $110 + $5.00*
- Technologist: $90 + $5.00*
- Technician: $50 + $5.00*
* Fla. Stat. § 456.065(3)(2015) requires the Department of Health to impose a fee of $5.00 per licensee to fund efforts to combat unlicensed activity.
Licenses may be renewed by mail or online (you are encouraged to do the latter). To renew online, go to http://floridasclinicallabs.gov/
. You will need a username and password. This should have been mailed to you with your initial physical license. Help in this regard may be obtained by calling the Customer Contact Center (850-488-0595, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Time, Monday - Friday
) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you renew by mail, the address is Division of Medical Quality Assurance, P. O. Box 6320, Tallahassee, FL 32314-6320
You may renew online if:
- You do not need to change the status of your license.
- You have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction.
- Your license status is NOT in "Military, Active" status.
You may renew by mail if:
- You need to change the status of your license.
- You need to pay using a cashier’s check or money order because you do not have a credit or debit card to complete the transaction.
- You need to request a name change.
- Your license is in "Military, Active" status.
In addition to completing an application form you must have completed 24 hours of continuing education from a Board-approved provider. This will be discussed in a later section.