Dishonesty to the Board, patients, and clients is a violation of Board rules. A clinical laboratory personnel license must be obtained with truthful information, or it can be immediately revoked. All services and tests must be advertised truthfully. Test results may only be reported for tests actually performed, and then reported only to individuals authorized to receive these results.
Some of these violations can carry civil and criminal legal penalties, depending on the severity:
- Attempting to obtain or renew a license through bribery or misrepresentation
- Advertising false claims, services, or credentials
- Filing false reports or records
- Reporting test results when no test was performed
- Performing testing and giving report results to an unauthorized person