Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- Introduction to Workplace Diversity
- Defining Diversity
- Importance of Diversity
- Stereotypes and Diversity
- True or False: Diversity practices involve just the employee recruitment process within a healthcare organization.
- Which of the following are barriers to successful diversity practices?
- Types of Diversity
- Dimensions of Diversity
- Gender Diversity
- Age Diversity
- Racial, Cultural, and Ethnic Heritage Diversity
- Physical and Mental Abilities/Disabilities
- Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity Diversity
- Other Types of Diversity
- True or False: Gender is a secondary dimension of diversity.
- What percentage of the workforce is currently comprised of women?
- In the healthcare setting, the group of employees aged 65 year and older is expected to:
- Challenges to Diversity
- Managing Workplace Diversity
- For Employers
- For Employees
- Diversity Tips for Employees
- Diversity Tips for Employees (continued)
Level of instruction: Basic
Intended audience: All healthcare personnel.
Author information: Leah Coppolino, MPH, MLS(ASCP) is a Program Director for MediaLab Inc. Previously, Leah was the Director of Education and Outreach as well as the Medical Laboratory Science Program Director at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She holds a Masters in Public Health from Thomas Jefferson University.
Reviewer information: Judi Bennett MT, BSM is currently a Program Director for MediaLab, Inc. in Lawrenceville, GA. She has over 30 years of medical laboratory experience in an acute care hospital setting as a laboratory manager, senior clinical applications specialist, point-of-care coordinator, microbiology supervisor, and generalist technologist. Judi has been a speaker at various conferences and has been published in CLMA magazine.
Course description: An educational outline of the importance of diversity in the healthcare workplace.