Click on the links below to preview selected pages from this course.
- About Fires
- Fire Classifications
- Fire Safety
- Fire Safety Responsibility
- Situations That May Create or Contribute to a Fire
- Drag and drop each of the following examples into the category that it represents.
- Fire Prevention - Minimizing Risk
- Fire Safety Policies and Procedures
- Know the Work Area
- Good Housekeeping
- Proper Storage of Flammable or Combustible Liquids and Gases
- Fire Safety Plan & Fire Drills
- Which of the following is either an example of an effective way to reduce the risk of fire or describes a proper fire safety procedure? (Choose all th...
- Responding to Fires
- Remain Calm
- Decision to Fight or Evacuate
- Which of the following must be TRUE before deciding to fight a fire? (Choose all that apply.)
- Place the following actions in the correct order when operating a fire extinguisher.
Level of instruction: Basic
Intended Audience: All healthcare personnel
Author Information: Terry Jo Gile, MT(ASCP)MA Ed has over 45 years experience as a certified medical technologist. She has a bachelor's degree in Biology from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, and a master's degree in Education from Central Michigan University in Mount Pleasant, Michigan. For 20 years she was a member of the management team at Barnes-Jewish Hospital Department of Laboratories in St. Louis, Missouri, and served as the Safety Officer as well as a laboratory safety consultant to the BJC Health System. Terry Jo headed her own consulting firm, Safety Lady, LLC, for 27 years. In that capacity, she lectured and consulted worldwide on the proper implementation of safety programs in clinical laboratories.
Reviewer information: Judi Bennett, BSM, MT is a Program Director for MediaLab, Inc., located in Lawrenceville, Georgia. During her 25 year career as a medical technologist, she was a member of the management team and has also served as a Point-of-Care coordinator, microbiology supervisor, and generalist. Judi has been a speaker at various LIS, AMT, and CLMA conferences and has been published in CLMA magazine.